To be a part of the Fairbanks Outdoor Show, please contact Kristin Baysinger , Show Coordinator, at (907) 451-7800 or e-mail email@example.com for booth availability. Download a Booth Application and Show layout HERE.
Vendor hotel accomodations will be announced at a later date.
10' x10' booth: $550.00
30' x 40' bulk space: $2,688.00
Outside Space: $1.25 per square foot
The Prow: $3,995.00
Booth spaces includes:
Space for the entire weekend, 8' backdrop, 4' side drops, one 6'x30" table with royal blue table skirt, two chairs and access to electricity within 25' of your booth space. Outside spaces do not include the above items, electricity cannot be provided to outside spaces. Carpet is not provided for individual booth spaces.
MOVE IN SCHEDULE
Please Note: If you are in a bulk booth or have purchased multiple 10x10 booths to accommodate a vehicle, boat or any large item, your move-in day is Wednesday, April 23. You will be assigned a time to move in that day and we will contact you with that time. We must ask that you adhere to your assigned move-in time. Please call if you find this does not work for you.
Move-in day for the remainder of the 10x10 booths is Thursday, April 24. Move-in will begin at 9:00am and close for the evening at 7:00pm. The overhead door and load in bay, located in the rear of the building, will be available for use, as well as a forklift, hand carts and flat bed carts. The Passgate entrance, which is also located in the rear of the building, will also be available for vendors to move-in. Friday, April 25 will also serve as an extra move-in day from 8:00am to Noon. We do ask that your booth be close to completely set up, as Noon is when the Fire Marshal will be conducting his walk-through and safety check.
During the hours of the Show, we must ask that you park your vehicle in the back of the rear parking lot, so as to not impede on parking for patrons.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE PASS GATE PARKING AREA DURING SHOW HOURS.
If you will be traveling by RV, and wish to use the rear parking lot of the building to stay, there is a $75.00 charge for the weekend to plug in and have access to electricity. Please contact the Administration office to reserve your space.
SHOW POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
- Rental includes a 10’ x 10’ booth with an 8’ high back wall and 4’ high side rails, one duplex outlet, skirted 6’ x 30” table and two chairs. Additional equipment may be ordered. Carpet in booth spaces is not provided. Bulk Space will be provided with the above on an as needed basis.
- All merchandise must be confined to within your booth. “Roaming” by vendors either selling or soliciting is not allowed.
- TRIP HAZARDS: All aisles must be kept clear and free of any trip hazards. Vendor carpets must have all edges taped down. Vendors must provide their own 25’, 14 gauge extension cord with a ground plug. These cords are best flown or covered by ramps.
- CONCESSIONS: The Carlson Center reserves the right to all concession activity. Promotional food and/or beverage samples must meet State and Local guidelines and must be samples only and limited to no more than one (1) ounce in size. Packaged and sold food products are acceptable but must have prior approval from Carlson Center Management.
- OBSTRUCTIONS: in order to avoid obstruction of your neighbor’s booth, the following guidelines should be followed: side panels of up to 8’ high cannot exceed 4’ in length from the back of the booth. The remaining 6’ is to be no higher than 4’. The use of canopies is prohibited.
- PA SYSTEMS, MUSIC: Use of PA Systems, microphones and voice amplification systems is not acceptable during the show. Demonstrations must be held without these.
- NOISE: Noise due to the use of CD Players, radios, cassettes, DVD/VCR Players, TV’s, or any such device must be kept to a minimum and must not disturb other vendors in their space.
- DEMONSTRATIONS: demonstrations or promotional activities must be confined within the limits of the purchased spaced and must not interfere with the other exhibitors.
- ANIMALS: Assistance animals only are allowed in the building. All other animals prohibited inside the building due to Borough regulations.
- OFFENDERS: offenders of the above regulations will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
- FREIGHT: If delivering items to the Show by freight, you must submit the following in writing to the Center: Deliverer, Date/Time of delivery, number of items expected. You MUST reference your booth name and number on freight. The Carlson Center will not be responsible for any loss or damage to freight or delivery costs. All freight must be pre-paid.
- ALL BOOTHS MUST HAVE AN A.B.C. RATED FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
- NO SOURCE OF FLAME MAY BE USED AT ANY TIME IN A VENDOR BOOTH.
- ALL PUBLIC FACILITIES IN THE BOROUGH ARE NO SMOKING FACILITIES INCLUDING THE CARLSON CENTER.
- THE CITY FIRE MARSHAL DOES NOT ALLOW PROPANE OR COMPRESSED GAS TANKS INSIDE THE ARENA.
- ALL EXIT AREAS MUST REMAIN CLEAR. PUBLIC AISLES MUST REMAIN CLEAR OF TRIP HAZARDS.
- It is the vendor’s responsibility to tape down carpet edges and eliminate trip hazards inside vendor booth space.
- Tradeshow power will be provided. While electrical power will be made available within a 25’ radius of each booth space, it is the vendor’s responsibility to provide their own extension cords. The City Fire Marshal requires extension cords to be of 14 gauge with a grounded plug. One duplex outlet can provide 2400 watts. However, a continuous load MAY NOT exceed 8% of 2400 watts.
- If you have a vehicle or boat in your booth, the Fire Marshal requires:
A. No more than 1/8 tank of gas and gas cap taped shut
B. Battery disconnected
C. ABC rated fire extinguisher in proximity to the display.
20. Helium balloon are not allowed in the Carlson Center. Helium balloons can cause control problems for the ventilations system. Vendors who distribute balloons that are released into the facility will be charged $200 to cover maintenance costs for removal plus additional costs if there is damage to the ventilation system.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Any cancellations must be received in writing no later than thirty (30) days from the show.
- Refunds will be distributed if space is cancelled thirty (30) days or more prior to the show, less the $100.00 non-refundable deposit
- No refunds will be given if booth space is cancelled within thirty (30) days of the show.
If your business is outside the Fairbanks City Limits, you must display a copy of your current Alaska State Business License. If you are from out of state and do not currently have an Alaska State Business License, you will need to obtain one before the Show. The Carlson Center will purchase a Special Events Permit from the City – This will eliminate your need for a transient vendor license. However, once again, you will need to display your Alaska State Business License in your booth. Someone from the City will be at the Show checking licenses, so please don’t forget this important rule.
The City of Fairbanks passed an ordinance 3 years ago to have all businesses that are located within, or conduct business within the City limits to also purchase a CITY of Fairbanks Business License. If you are a vendor who participates in tradeshows and are located outside the City limits, you do not need to purchase a City Business License if you conduct business in the Coty limits for less than 5 days per calendar year. If you participate in more than one, three day tradeshow, you WILL need to purchase a City Business License. For any questions, please visit the City of Fairbanks website at www.ci.fairbanks.ak.us or call the City Clerk at (907) 459-6751.
State of Alaska Business Licenses can be obtained from:
State of Alaska – Department of Business Licensing
550 West 7th Ave. Ste. 1500
Anchorage, AK 99501
Phone (907) 451-2852
Online at www.state.ak.us
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SAMPLES
All vendors selling any type of food and/or beverage must have prior approval from Carlson Center management. Food and/or beverage sample sizes may not exceed 1 oz. If you will be handing out samples of food and/or beverages from your booth, please contact the Department of Environmental Health for information on safe handling procedures.
Phone (907) 451-2123 and Fax (907) 451-5120
Sample size portions only are allowed to be given out during the Show. Full size portions are not allowed.
When: Friday, April 25
Time: 8:15pm, after the Show closes
Where: Carlson Center Pioneer Room
Dress: Come as you are!
There will be a buffet dinner, drinks and door prizes donated by vendors. If you would like to donate a door prize for the vendor party, we would greatly appreciate it. You can drop your door prize off at the vendor information table prior to the vendor party on Friday, April 25.
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and rates.